PantherConnect Orientation Retreats
Registration is now closed!
PantherConnect Orientation Retreats are NOT required. Space is Limited.
We are excited to announce our new PantherConnect Orientation Retreats. These retreats are designed to provide an opportunity for new Pitt students to connect with campus, connect with one another and connect to their passion.
Benefits to participation
- Build meaningful relationships with fellow classmates and upper-class students
- Connect with Pitt and learn about campus life
- Get a jump start on orientation
- Move-in to the residence halls Friday afternoon
Registration: Registration for the retreats will go live in Mid-May. Check back for more details on how to register. Since retreats occur simultaneously, you can only attend one retreat.
Retreat Cost: $125 * (Financial Assistance Available) includes all lodging, meals, transportation & activities.
Financial Assistance: The Office of First Year Experience provides grants to assist with the registration fee to help eligible students who are experiencing a financial hardship. In order to be considered for assistance, you must be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant for academic year 2014-15. Eligible students will have the opportunity to request assistance during the registration process.
Move-In Information: Participating students who live in an on-campus residence hall will be able to move in between Noon and 5pm on Friday, August 21st. The first retreat event is an opening dinner for students at 7pm.
Overnight Details: Students living on-campus will stay in their residence hall room on Friday, August 21st. All retreat participants will stay off campus on Saturday, August 22nd at one of the following locations: YMCA Camp Kon-O-Kween Spencer in Fombell, PA, Outdoor Odyssey in Boswell, PA or Family Resource Retreat Center in Cranberry, PA.
Retreat activities take place from Friday August 21st at 7pm until Sunday, August 23rd at 10pm. Participants will be able to participate in PittStart and other orientation-related activities on Monday.
Retreat Options & Themes:
Arts & Culture: Do you love art? Have a passion for knowledge? Get the scoop on Pittsburgh’s art and culture sceneLeadership: Get a jump start on advancing your knowledge and understanding of leadership by learning about your leadership style and practicing new skills.
- Enjoy private tours of local museums and art galleries.
- Explore opportunities to get invovled with campus performance groups.
- Challenges yourself through self-exploration, creativity and expression.
- Learn how you can incorporate arts and culture into your Pitt experience.
- Explore your own culture and learn about the cultures of others.
- Practice personal and group leadership
- Participate in leadership activities and adventure courses
- Create a personalize leadership action plan
- Learn strategies for leadership inside the classroom
- Get involved with Pitt’s Leadership programs
- Explore the city you now call home
- Build community with other Pitt students.
- Participate in community service
- Engage with local community organizations
- Learn about community service involvement.
- VIP tours campus fitness and recreation facilities
- Connect with other students who share your passion for sports, recreation and being active.
- Explore the Pittsburgh sports scene
- Participate in indoor and outdoor recreation activities.
- Explore Pittsburgh’s LEED certified buildings, green roofs & urban farms
- Learn about campus sustainability resources
- Compete in the sustainability scavenger hunt
- Participate in a sustainable community service projected.